Monday, May 23, 2011

What a month!

Well May is rapidly coming to an end and I can't help but think "where the heck has the time gone?". This has been a crazy, awesome month! We got Kyle's iPad (which I am using right now). He seems to love it! He has taken to it so quickly it is amazing to see him get his needs and wants met. Lately he seems so much happier, well at times. He still has his moments of frustration, but with his new tool we are hoping that some of that frustration will be taken away, God willing. To all of the family members who donated money for us to buy this wonderful tool for Kyle, we can not thank you enough.
Karson is having a great month too. 2 weeks ago he was in his first school musical. This is the first time I have felt like a "normal" mom in the almost 11 years I have been a mom. In kindergarten, Kyle was in his school's Christmas program, but he was up there with a class aid, and she was moving his arms and he looked MISERABLE! But Karson was up there, doing his thing and loving every minute of it. And there I was sitting there crying my eyes out. I have never been so proud. He took his first AR test today and scored 100 percent! (To those of you who are unfamiliar with AR, it is reading program that some schools use. Kids read books and then take a test on the computer to test comprehension.) He started this year not able to tell you who he is and one he is reading and comprehending it all! I am so excited to see bright his future is. We had his IEP meeting last week and next year is looking good for him too. He will be in general ed. Kindergarten for half of the day and the rest of the day will be with a specialized learning group where he will be working on social skills and group things like that. I just know he is going to do great.
I am pretty sure that both of these boys are ready for the summer to come. And to be able
to play and run in the sunshine, if we ever get some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment