Monday, May 9, 2011

Perspective

On May 7th my long time friend had a baby.  She lives far away, so I have been following her pregnancy on facebook.  Yesterday I checked her status to see what she had and if there were any pictures posted.  When I read her post, my heart broke.  Her baby, a boy, was diagnosed with a terminal illness.  She and the rest of her family will spend the rest of his days with him in a hospital.  It is news like that that makes me realize just how little my problems really are.  I have never woken up in the morning, wondering if this would be the last day that I will get to spend with my boys.  I have never tucked them in at night and been scared that they wouldn’t wake up in the morning.  With mother’s day so fresh in my memory, I can not help thinking of all of the mothers out there who have lost a child.  This has to be a very hard time for them.  I will never take one day for granted.  My boys are strong, healthy, and happy.  For that I am thankful and truly blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment