Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summer

I can not believe the change in Kyle's mood and disposition since the start of summer vacation! He has been so easy to deal with. It makes me wonder if i want to send him back to school in the fall. If it weren't for the fact that I need a break from him every now and again and that i need to probably find a job soon, I would consider home schooling him. I am excited to do a little one on one work with him this week while Karson is at my parents house. I want to work with him using his iPad to type and not just select pictures of things he wants. We have installed a program called speak it, that you type phrases or words into and it will say what you type. So that we can see exactly what he wants not just "canned" responses that we have programmed in for him. Don't get me wrong the "canned" responses are great, they are a start, but I want to move him along. I just want so much for him it makes me ache to see him frustrated and if we can get him to the next level in his communication, perhaps he will not be so frustrated at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment